Quantifying the cost of negligence
Professional negligence is an unfortunate and unplanned aspect of professional endeavour. HW Forensic Accountants has developed particular expertise in analysing and reporting on the financial aspects of such disputes.
Whilst able to provide expertise in relation to the conduct of accountants, our team also has considerable experience in the quantification of substantial loss in cases involving architects, financial advisers, insurance brokers, surveyors and solicitors.
We can help with the following aspects:
- Assistance in meeting the terms of the pre-action protocol including initial assessments of liability in accountant negligence cases, and of quantum
- Assistance with the selection of Part 35 experts where we act as advisers
- Similar understanding of protocol requirements from insurance claim related problems involving alleged cover errors
- Meeting and interviewing the claimant or defendant
- Providing expert evidence on liability (where appropriate) and quantum
- Conducting meetings of experts
- Assisting with mediation, negotiation and other processes intended to bring about early resolution
- Conducting mediations – our team also includes accredited and experienced mediators